Saturday, June 10, 2006

World Trade Center Film

For a detailed description of the first twenty minutes of Oliver Stone's World Trade Center see here. The reviewer offers his opinion:

"From what I saw here tonight, I have to say that Oliver Stone has certainly taken great care of the event so far (nothing sensationalistic or controversial in the first 20 minutes) and seems to be gearing the whole thing toward a more human story within the inconceivable horror that surrounded those buildings on that day… I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this movie before this screening, but when the 20 minutes were over, I really wanted to see the rest of it and not from a voyeuristic point of view, but because I believed that the story...would be somewhat required for myself, as a small, yet hopefully significant step into seeing some ray of light come out of that day so very dark. It will obviously be a personal decision that everyone would need to make for themselves, much like for United 93."

As I mentioned before, Oliver Stone appears to be cleaning up his act and getting back to decent filmmaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home