Sunday, February 06, 2011

Political Spectrum Quiz

I've taken political quizzes before, though the Political Spectrum Quiz breaks things down with more precision than most. I'm socially liberal and fiscally moderate, as expected.


My Political Views
I am a center-left moderate social libertarian
Left: 1.35, Libertarian: 3.46



On foreign policy, also moderate, but with leanings toward non-intervention:

My Foreign Policy Views
Score: -2.89



On multiculturalist issues, fairly liberal:

My Culture War Stance
Score: -6.76



I vote Democrat more often than not, but there are the occasional Libertarian-leaning candidates I warm to on matters of foreign policy, fourth amendment rights, and fiscal management. For instance, Ron Paul could have gotten my vote in place of Obama if not for his strong anti-abortionist views and a few other things. Though in truth, Paul seems more Constitutionalist than Libertarian (on which differences see here) -- he's a bit hard to pin down.

So that's me coming clean about my politics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Loren,

As a lurker of your blog and admirer of your amazon reviews, I'd enjoy a post in which you "come clean" about your (lack of) theology ;)

Not so I can challenge you; I'm no apologist, just interested in knowing what you believe.

2/07/2011  
Blogger Loren Rosson III said...

My theological compass is murky and schizophrenic, but worth trying to spell out. I'll take your suggestion to heart.

2/07/2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home